Friday, August 29, 2008

We're all in a tizzy

One of the unwritten rules of my blog is that I only talk about things I actually have in my hand, because after I post the review, I put the item out on display at the front desk. No sense talking something up if it's currently unavailable, right?
I am breaking that rule this morning because of this morning's news from Dayton, Ohio. Like most Alaskans, I am totally gobsmacked that Governor Sarah Palin has been chosen as the Republican Vice-Presidential nominee. Enough said about that.....
If you would like to know a little more about Sarah's background and her early days as the mayor of Wasilla, we have her biography: Sarah : how a hockey mom turned Alaska's political establishment upside down by Kaylene Johnson. It includes photos of Sarah in her basketball uniform, as a beauty pageant contestant, and commercial fishing. I would think most people in this state already feel like they know a great deal about our first-term governor, but if you're new to politics or you want to bone up on the details, this is one resource for information. It is currently checked out right now, but you can place a hold on it.
And since we now have biographies of all the other candidates in this year's election (Dreams from my father : a story of race and inheritance by Barack Obama, and Worth the fighting for : a memoir by John McCain), I feel compelled to add Joe Biden's autobiography to the collection. Look for it soon!

No comments: