Sunday, December 7, 2008

Terry Pratchett's Discworld

I will be totally upfront about this: I have never read a Terry Pratchett novel. A member of our library staff is a huge fan, however, and she has given her seal of approval to two new videos in our collection. These DVDs are animated versions of two of Pratchett's popular fantasy novels, Soul Music and The Wyrd Sisters. These British productions (author Pratchett is also British) feature somewhat cartoony animation, and I'm afraid I can't comment as to the authenticity of the adaptation. But these films made our staff fan chuckle, and since the popularity of the Discworld series is due to the spot-on parody of the Fantasy genre, I imagine that if the film makes you laugh it is a successful adaptation.

1 comment:

A Library Girl said...

Ooh, I've played a game based on one of his books before, but I hadn't realized there were animated versions of any of his books. Nifty.