Thursday, December 18, 2008

What goes on there all week?

I just got back from my annual 'prepare for the holidays' vacation. I don't actually go anywhere, I just take a week off from work to buy & wrap gifts, write cards, bake cookies and decorate my house (personally, I find it eliminates stress much better than waiting until the day before Christmas to start your vacation - it's too late to do anything by then!).
So when I got back to my desk, I found my New Books cart overflowing with a variety of things that were ready to be put out on the shelf. And since it's easy to lose track of just how many new books, videos, CDs and audiobooks we make available over time, I thought I would give you a snapshot idea of what a typical week's output looks like:
  • 24 new nonfiction books

  • 19 audiobooks

  • 18 documentary & nonfiction films

  • 15 feature films

  • 12 new novels

  • 11 music CDs

  • 1 graphic novel (and a partridge in a pear tree....)
I'm here all the time, so our new materials seem to go on the shelves in a steady rate to me. But if you are like most people, you probably come down to the library once a week (Library Day) and find a heap of new things on the shelf. So now you know just how many new things there are - and if something doesn't grab your attention, just give it a day or two...something great is bound to come along.

No comments: